Active Insurance Agency, Inc.
Active Acceptance Corporation
As of June 30, 2006
We wanted to share with you the importance in which we hold the privacy and confidentiality of your insurance and personal information. Active Insurance Agency and Active Acceptance Corporation, as members of the financial services industry, have been and continue to be subject to federal and state privacy laws regarding the collection and exchange of your insurance information.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
1. Information we collect:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
2. Information we may disclose to third parties:
We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and beneficiaries.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your policy coverage, premiums, and payment history.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
3. Non-affiliated third parties to whom disclosures may be made:
We may disclose the following information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name and address to companies that perform marketing services such as mailings on our behalf.
We do not sell any public or non-public information we collect about you.
4. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
As we place your insurance with these carriers, both our agency and the carriers work together (as well as individually) to retain uses for only those activities required to underwrite, issue and services your policy of insurance, as well as conduct claims activities should that be necessary on your behalf. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
5. Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, Active Insurance Agency, Active Acceptance Corp. and their affiliates reserve the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service; (2) agrees to be Active Insurance Agency’s or Active Acceptance Corporation’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.